Macadamian Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “Macadamian”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our website and in using our services and solutions.
This Privacy Statement applies to the Macadamian website and services that link to or reference this Statement and describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information.
Additional information on our personal information practices may be provided in offer descriptions, supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection. To the extent a notice provided at the time of collection or service-specific privacy statement conflict with this Privacy Statement, such specific notice or supplemental privacy statement will control.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our website, our services and interact with us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, or social media account information. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Serving personalized advertisements.
- Creating an account.
- Through participation in our services like workshops.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
- In support of an employment arrangement
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our website and via the delivery of our services (eg. workshops) with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide Macadamian with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our website and services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a service and or solution you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our services, solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes.
Note: You can edit your communication preferences at any time.
See below for how to select and edit your communication choices.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. If you would like to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message via
- email at email@example.com or
- mail to Macadamian 179 Promenade Du Portage, 4th Floor, Gatineau, Quebec J8X 2K5
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain services, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the service in accordance with its terms and conditions.
With your permission, we may also share your personal information with Macadamian business partners, so they may send you information about products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of this sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our website, services, solutions or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our website, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Macadamian for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With Macadamian business partners, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out of Macadamian sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, email email@example.com.
- With business partners, service vendors, or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, event registrations, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Macadamian, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Macadamian has assigned Dinesh Kandanchatha as our Data Privacy Officer to ensure organizational oversight for the protection and security of all personal information that has been entrusted to our care.
Macadamian implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, Macadamian uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
Our site uses technologies of third-party partners to help us recognize your device and understand how you use our site so that we can improve our services to reflect your interests and serve you advertisements about the products and/or services that are likely to be of more interest to you. Specifically, these partners collect information about your activity on our site to enable us to:
- measure and analyze traffic and browsing activity on our site;
- show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party sites;
- measure and analyze the performance of our advertising campaigns;
We may share data, such as hashed email derived from emails or other online identifiers collected on our site with our advertising partners. This allows our partners to recognize and deliver you ads across devices and browsers. To read more about the technologies used by our partner and their cross-device capabilities please refer to NextRoll’s Privacy Notice.
Our partners such as NextRoll may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason, you can use the following third-party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertising:
On ads served by NextRoll, look for an AdChoices logo (the blue triangle) in the corner of the ad. Click the logo to learn more about interest-based advertising, who served the ad, and manage your ad options. You can also opt-out of seeing personalized ads from Macadamian (and other companies) using the NAI opt-out tool above. Please note you will still see ads even if you opt-out, but they will not be personalized from Macadamian.
What are cookies?
We use the term cookie to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access our Services, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use HTTP cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our Services and allow us to recognize your device. We also use technology like pixel tags and software kits embedded in our apps.
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- Cookies served directly by Macadamian (“first party cookies”) and cookies served on our behalf, for example by advertisers and data analytics companies (“third party cookies”).
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that only last only as long as your browser is open (referred to as “session cookies”) These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “permanent cookies”, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
What types of cookies we use and why we use them
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies are set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
You can update your cookie preferences at any time by clicking here.
To request the removal of your personal information from our website contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
Macadamian encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Macadamian does not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
Consent to Transfer, Processing, and Storage of Personal Information
As Macadamian is a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to Macadamian in Canada or to any Macadamian subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in Canada and the United States. By using our website, services and solutions or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.